About Beta Reading
As a writer, you put everything you have into your work, but sometimes you might struggle to see your story through an objective lens. Only you truly know your story inside and out, but what do readers see?
This is where beta readers like me come in.
Beta readers provide an outside, comprehensive view of your work. Find any issues with plot, characters, and everything in between. See your story throught the eyes of a reader and recieve valuable feedback on all aspects of your work.
With this service, I will provide you with my own personal insights and feedback that pertains to your story through the eyes of a reader (and writer). My completed feedback/critique includes in-document comments on your MS, along with a separate summary document. A few specific things I keep an eye out for are:
- Plot Development Issues and Inconsistencies
- Does the plot flow smoothly?
- Is there any part of the story that is confusing or doesn’t seem to fit in?
- Is there anything condtradictory?
- Character Development
- Character Arcs
- Do the characters seem realistic in their personalities, actions, etc?
- Do characters say or do anything out of character or that contradicts or repeats something else?
- World Building
- Does the world/setting feel realistic/authentic?
- Do the basics of your world make sense in relation to your established rules (magic, sci-fi tech, etc)?
- Anything that I feel might take away from your story
- Things that I particularly enjoyed or found unique
Feel free to send me your own list or questionaire.
Please keep in mind that any and all feedback is simply my own personal opinion. I work with clients after they receive feedback to clarify any of my comments and suggestions or answer any further questions that were not addressed. I prefer New Adult and Adult Fantasy and Sci-Fi, though I am open to just about anything! I also prefer to work with Google Doc or Word.
Prices and Timetable
For basic Beta Reading/Critique, I charge $0.001 per word (10k words = $10.00 USD). Typically, I am able to finish a completed manuscript in about a week or two depending on length and my schedule. I am willing to work with writers on a budget, so feel free to message me to work out payment options. (I typically divide into three payments, but am willing to divide it further or make payment plans). I accept payments through PayPal.
Contact me for more info!
Next available booking is March 1, 2020.
If you are interested in securing a booking, please include the following information:
- Word Count
- Any other questions or concerns